How we support:
JD Edwards overview
JD Edwards is an ERP product designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It was one of the first complete ERP systems; prior to this, separate software systems fulfilled the roles of HR, Financials, etc.
The history of JD Edwards
Jack Thompson, Dan Gregory, and Ed McVaney (the ‘J,’ ‘D,’ and the ‘Ed’ in JD Edwards) cofounded the company and produced its leading product JD Edwards World in the late 1970s. This product was revolutionary in the world of software, combining all the usual systems of HR, Financials, Distribution, and so on, into one, comprehensive platform: ERP. After new releases, JD Edwards World was renamed OneWorld.
JD Edwards went through a merger with PeopleSoft in 2003 and the product was renamed JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. Then, PeopleSoft (and therefore, JD Edwards) was acquired by Oracle in 2005.
Common problems with JD Edwards
JD Edwards was designed for smaller organisations, and therefore, lacks the performance necessary for larger organisations. Despite being designed for smaller systems, it’s incredibly complicated and not very intuitive. There is quite a steep learning curve for new users and the interface is highly complex, filled with unnecessary options and fields.
What makes Support Revolution?
Click the images below to find out more!
Move if you want to make cost savings
- You can save at least 50% on your current Oracle support costs with us
- We'll work with you to identify and decommission any shelfware for additional savings
- You will then save even more by avoiding unnecessary upgrades and patches
Move if you want to receive superior support
- You'll get 24/7 support, with a dedicated account manager and regular reporting
- We have response and resolution SLAs for all categories of ticket (unlike Oracle)
- And in the rare case where we miss an SLA, we'll refund you with service credits
Move if you want to take back control of your IT strategy
- Choose if and when you upgrade as we support all versions and customisations
- Apply patches in hours (not months) and with no downtime through virtual patching
- Take advantage of our 20+ years experience in Oracle consultancy
Your guide to leaving Oracle Support
Download your guide below