How we support:
PeopleSoft is a set of applications and ERP products, mainly used by Human Resource departments (HR) in large organisations. It’s primarily known for its HCM application, but it does have others such as Financials. It’s owned by Oracle.
The history of PeopleSoft
Ken Morris and David Duffield cofounded PeopleSoft in 1987. They released their first fully integrated HR application suite in 1989. In 1992, PeopleSoft expanded its product range to include Financials, Distribution, and Manufacturing. In 2003, it merged with JD Edwards.
While PeopleSoft’s software was designed for large corporations, JD Edwards provided a similar product for smaller organisations, allowing the two companies to cover the market. PeopleSoft, along with JD Edwards, was acquired by Oracle in 2005.
Common problems with PeopleSoft
Arguably the biggest problem with PeopleSoft follows a similar pattern to most acquired Oracle products: lack of innovation. Workday is a relatively new HR tool whose owners looked at the outdated PeopleSoft software and decided they could do much better, so they built a brand new tool to suit the modern era. It was developed specifically for Cloud and it integrates with other products such as Salesforce.
PeopleSoft is yet another victim of Oracle’s ego. It can’t compete with the likes of Workday, a product that sees constant innovation, and it’s no longer the best HR application on the market.
What makes Support Revolution?
Click the images below to find out more!
Move if you want to make cost savings
- You can save at least 50% on your current Oracle support costs with us
- We'll work with you to identify and decommission any shelfware for additional savings
- You will then save even more by avoiding unnecessary upgrades and patches
Move if you want to receive superior support
- You'll get 24/7 support, with a dedicated account manager and regular reporting
- We have response and resolution SLAs for all categories of ticket (unlike Oracle)
- And in the rare case where we miss an SLA, we'll refund you with service credits
Move if you want to take back control of your IT strategy
- Choose if and when you upgrade as we support all versions and customisations
- Apply patches in hours (not months) and with no downtime through virtual patching
- Take advantage of our 20+ years experience in Oracle/SAP consultancy
Your guide to leaving Oracle Support
Download your guide below