How we support:
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management (PPM) is a tool used for managing projects, usually in the construction industry. It’s used by project driven organisations that run multiple large-scale projects and need to manage the time, costs, and resources available for each one.
It also highlights any potential problems with projects early on, so that they can be fixed, and the project can be executed in time. It involves building, scheduling, and tracking complex project schedules. It integrates with other systems such as Oracle and SAP’s ERP systems.
The history of Primavera
Primavera Systems was cofounded in 1983 by Joel Koppleman and Dick Faris. The heavy construction industry was its primary user when it was first launched, and it’s still a very niche product to this day. It was acquired by Oracle in 2008.
Common problems with Primavera
As mentioned previously, Primavera is designed for a very niche customer base. Therefore, it is not a project management tool for all organisations. For smaller, simpler projects, it can be harder to work with. It also requires a lot of knowledge on how to operate it or mistakes can occur easily. If you’re not a large-scale, project driven organisation, Primavera is not the best project management tool to use.
It's also built on Java. This causes the tool to be very slow, with multiple windows each taking time to load, which is probably the most common customer complaint for users of Primavera. Many users feel that Primavera has been left on the shelf, while Microsoft Project has become the market leader.
What makes Support Revolution?
Click the images below to find out more!
Move if you want to make cost savings
- You can save at least 50% on your current Oracle support costs with us
- We'll work with you to identify and decommission any shelfware for additional savings
- You will then save even more by avoiding unnecessary upgrades and patches
Move if you want to receive superior support
- You'll get 24/7 support, with a dedicated account manager and regular reporting
- We have response and resolution SLAs for all categories of ticket (unlike Oracle)
- And in the rare case where we miss an SLA, we'll refund you with service credits
Move if you want to take back control of your IT strategy
- Choose if and when you upgrade as we support all versions and customisations
- Apply patches in hours (not months) and with no downtime through virtual patching
- Take advantage of our 20+ years experience in Oracle consultancy
Your guide to leaving Oracle Support
Download your guide below