How we support:
Retail-J is a Point of Sale (POS) system that was acquired by Oracle. It records sales data, tracks inventory, and processes payment transactions, as well as reporting sales performance. It can manage most of the critical business processes associated with commerce.
The history of Retail-J
Retail-J was founded by Mike Carrell. Carrell looked at the current software on the market that allowed tills to operate and communicate with back offices. There were lots of products for different aspects of the payment process, so he decided to build one product from scratch that would cover the whole process.
This became a three-tiered solution: software that managed transactions at the till, then at the store server, and finally at the central server for the customer.
Retail-J was owned by Torex which was acquired by Mycross, which was then finally acquired by Oracle.
Common problems with Retail-J
Retail-J runs on Java so a lot of customers complain about how slow the product can be at times.
It has also been shelved by Oracle and will no longer receive any investment or innovation. Retail-J (despite its slowness) is one of the best till operating software systems on the market, so for it to be left without any development is a big problem for its customers.
What makes Support Revolution?
Click the images below to find out more!
Move if you want to make cost savings
- You can save at least 50% on your current Oracle support costs with us
- We'll work with you to identify and decommission any shelfware for additional savings
- You will then save even more by avoiding unnecessary upgrades and patches
Move if you want to receive superior support
- You'll get 24/7 support, with a dedicated account manager and regular reporting
- We have response and resolution SLAs for all categories of ticket (unlike Oracle)
- And in the rare case where we miss an SLA, we'll refund you with service credits
Move if you want to take back control of your IT strategy
- Choose if and when you upgrade as we support all versions and customisations
- Apply patches in hours (not months) and with no downtime through virtual patching
- Take advantage of our 20+ years experience in Oracle consultancy
Your guide to leaving Oracle Support
Download your guide below