How we support:
SAP BusinessObjects overview
SAP BusinessObjects is a reporting tool that can be plugged into Oracle or SAP databases to create reports. It’s simple to use and relatively easy to upgrade. Its main function is to provide helpful insights and an overview of a vast amount of data.
The history of SAP BusinessObjects
BusinessObjects was cofounded in France in 1990 by Bernard Liautaud and Denis Payre. It went public on NASDAQ in 1994, becoming the first European software company to be listed in the United States. It was released as a fairly niche product, but by 2005, it was making billions in revenue.
SAP purchased BusinessObjects in 2008. According to the mega-vendor, business analytics has since become a big portion of its revenues.
Common problems with SAP BusinessObjects
As with many SAP products, BusinessObjects is very expensive, but that isn’t the biggest problem with this product. There are countless licensing models for BusinessObjects. Combining this with SAP’s ‘indirect licences’ clause, it can be very difficult for organisations to navigate what they should and shouldn’t be licensed for.
Also, for larger organisations, once you’ve started using BusinessObjects, it becomes very difficult to use any other reporting tool later on. For example, if you’re running hundreds of reports and the organisation is reliant on these, when you move to a different platform, these all need to be rewritten. This process could take months if not years.
What makes Support Revolution?
Click the images below to find out more!
But why leave SAP Support?
Move if you want to make cost savings
- You can save at least 50% on your current SAP support costs with us
- We'll work with you to identify and decommission any shelfware for additional savings
- You will then save even more by avoiding unnecessary upgrades and patches
Move if you want to receive superior support
- You'll get 24/7 support, with a dedicated account manager and regular reporting
- We have response and resolution SLAs for all categories of ticket (unlike SAP)
- And in the rare case where we miss an SLA, we'll refund you with service credits
Move if you want to take back control of your IT strategy
- Choose if and when you upgrade as we support all versions and customisations
- Apply patches in hours (not months) and with no downtime through virtual patching
- Take advantage of our 20+ years experience in Oracle/SAP consultancy
Your guide to leaving SAP Support
Download your guide below