How we support:
SAP ECC overview
SAP ECC (ERP Central Component) is SAP’s main ERP product. It provides HR, finance, logistics, customer service, and product planning, all in one easy-to-use, customisable system. It can run on any database you choose. SAP currently classes it as a “legacy” product, introducing an end-of-support deadline for customers to migrate to its latest product S/4HANA.
The history of SAP ECC
In the early 1990s, SAP released R/3, a three-tier ERP system. The bottom layer was the database, the middle layer was the ERP applications, and the top layer was the presentation layer or the user interface. R/3 was upgraded several times before it was renamed ECC in 2004.
Common problems with SAP ECC
As mentioned previously, SAP classes this as a “legacy” product, giving customers a deadline to move to S/4HANA. This means that the vendor is releasing no new innovations for ECC (what SAP refers to as ‘enhancement packs’). The vendor hasn’t released an enhancement pack for several years. The biggest problem with this is that SAP is still charging its customers high support costs (with the promise of constant innovation), but it appears all innovation is being directed towards S/4HANA.
What makes Support Revolution?
Click the images below to find out more!
But why leave SAP Support?
Move if you want to make cost savings
- You can save at least 50% on your current SAP support costs with us
- We'll work with you to identify and decommission any shelfware for additional savings
- You will then save even more by avoiding unnecessary upgrades and patches
Move if you want to receive superior support
- You'll get 24/7 support, with a dedicated account manager and regular reporting
- We have response and resolution SLAs for all categories of ticket (unlike SAP)
- And in the rare case where we miss an SLA, we'll refund you with service credits
Move if you want to take back control of your IT strategy
- Choose if and when you upgrade as we support all versions and customisations
- Apply patches in hours (not months) and with no downtime through virtual patching
- Take advantage of our 20+ years experience in Oracle/SAP consultancy
Your guide to leaving SAP Support
Download your guide below