How we support:
SAP HANA overview
SAP HANA is SAP’s in-memory database, available in the Cloud and on-premise. It’s primarily used for database management, analytical processing, and application development. It’s usually used alongside S/4HANA, SAP’s ERP software.
The history of SAP HANA
SAP HANA was released in 2011. It enabled customers to analyse data in seconds, rather than weeks or months, due to its in-memory capabilities. In 2015, S/4HANA was built on the SAP HANA database.
SAP’s primary ERP platform at the time, ECC, had one big flaw for SAP, which was that organisations were using it on competitor databases such as Oracle Database. This meant that SAP was losing a big chunk of its revenue to a key competitor. With the release of S/4HANA, SAP ensured that it received full remuneration for the product.
Common problems with SAP HANA
SAP HANA provided an entirely new product for SAP customers. The problem with this is that it isn’t a simple upgrade; SAP HANA means customers have to completely reimplement their systems. The cost and time involved in this makes SAP HANA particularly expensive to any organisation.
To make matters worse, SAP has introduced a deadline for all of its ERP customers to transition to S/4HANA, as it fazes out its ECC product. This means customers have to make the switch to a brand new product that might not be suitable for their organisation.
What makes Support Revolution?
Click the images below to find out more!
Move if you want to make cost savings
- You can save at least 50% on your current SAP support costs with us
- We'll work with you to identify and decommission any shelfware for additional savings
- You will then save even more by avoiding unnecessary upgrades and patches
Move if you want to receive superior support
- You'll get 24/7 support, with a dedicated account manager and regular reporting
- We have response and resolution SLAs for all categories of ticket (unlike SAP)
- And in the rare case where we miss an SLA, we'll refund you with service credits
Move if you want to take back control of your IT strategy
- Choose if and when you upgrade as we support all versions and customisations
- Apply patches in hours (not months) and with no downtime through virtual patching
- Take advantage of our 22+ years experience in Oracle/SAP consultancy
Your guide to leaving SAP Support
Download your guide below